This month we are writing stories:
Here are some things you need to think about:
You should use past tense verbs:
* Regular with ed
– He walked to school.
* Irregular – http://www.englishpage.com/irregularverbs/irregularverbs.html
– She wrote a story yesterday.
Past continuous –
* was/ were + verb +ing ( a past continuous action)
She was eating her piece of pizza when a monster grabbed her .
Present Perfect –
* have/has + past participle
Have you ever visited the USA?
I have never visited the USA.
How long have you lived in Agadir?
I have lived in Agadir for 3 years.
How many times have you visited the Eiffel Tower?
* use : never, ever, just, yet, always, already
* use : How long……. How many times ………. answer with for and since
Elements of a scary story :
- Suspense: feelings of excitement or anxiety when the reader tries to figure out the outcome or ending
- Plot twists: a change in plot that takes the story in a different direction than expected
- Suddenly : http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/suddenly?s=t
- Change : http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/Change?s=t
- Conflict: how the characters solve the problem
- Setting: time and location where the story takes place (scary stories choose creepy ones)
- Surprise endings: the ending or resolution is not what the reader expected
If you want to add dialogue, remember:
“I told you he was behind you!!” James screamed angrily.
- Put the dialogue in quotations””,
- Use the correct punctuation.
- Describe how the person said it using the past tense and adverbs.
- Change lines when the character changes.