Unit 3 – Charity – Teens Make A difference
In this unit we will be looking at charities in the world and how different teens help save the world:
Here are a few:
- YSA – http://www.ysa.org
- Red Nose Day – http://www.rednoseday.com
- Make a Wish Foundation – http://www.wish.org
- Unicef – http://www.unicef.org
To be able to talk about charities, you will need the present perfect:
Present Perfect –
* have/has + past participle
- How long has this charity existed??
- It has existed for 25 years.
- How long have you been a part of this organisation?
- I have been a member for 3 years.
- What has this charity done for people in need?
- They have helped terminally ill children all over the world make their dreams come true.
* use : never, ever, just, yet, always, already
* use : How long……. How many times ………. answer with for and since